Strenghtening HIV Prevention And Care For The Groups Most Vulnerable To HIV/AIDS
Latest News View all news
28.06.2013.The Third National Conference of People Living with HIV was held in Belgrade from 26 to 28 June
Under the slogan "Positive frequencies" more than one hundred participants gathered in Belgrade and during the three days discussed the future of PLHIV activism and the implementation of HIV programs beyond 2014.
16.07.2012.XIX International AIDS Conference
The International AIDS Conference, which is to be held in Washington DC, 22.-27. July, represents the most importantgathering for those working in the field of HIV, as well as policy makers, people living with HIV and other individuals committed to ending the pandemic. It is the chance to assess where we are, evaluate recent scientific developments and lessons learnt, and collectively chart a course forward.
20.06.2012.NGO Veza issued its magazine
In the year to mark the end of the first decade since the Programme of needle exchange has been initiated in Belgrade and the Harm reduction implementation has begun in Serbia, the first issue of the magazine „VEZA“ (Connection) has been published. The magazine aims to represent the work of the principle partner in harm reduction programme, the sub-recipient of Youth of JAZAS, NGO Veza, its stands, opinions and projects they take.
In order to stay healthy, taking certain steps is necessary. How to improve your health?
- Regular health check-ups
- Taking tests, such is HIV test regularly
- Consult your doctor and follow his recommendations
AIDS Facts & Figures
- Studies of people who had a known exposure to HIV and were administered PEP suggest that PEP is about 80% effective in preventing establishment of HIV infection.
- When a person is infected with HIV, the virus enters the body and lives and multiplies primarily in the white blood cells.
- Approximately 80% of the world’s supply of safe blood goes to 20% of the population, mostly in developed countries.