Strenghtening HIV Prevention And Care For The Groups Most Vulnerable To HIV/AIDS
Latest News View all news
28.06.2013.The Third National Conference of People Living with HIV was held in Belgrade from 26 to 28 June
Under the slogan "Positive frequencies" more than one hundred participants gathered in Belgrade and during the three days discussed the future of PLHIV activism and the implementation of HIV programs beyond 2014.
16.07.2012.XIX International AIDS Conference
The International AIDS Conference, which is to be held in Washington DC, 22.-27. July, represents the most importantgathering for those working in the field of HIV, as well as policy makers, people living with HIV and other individuals committed to ending the pandemic. It is the chance to assess where we are, evaluate recent scientific developments and lessons learnt, and collectively chart a course forward.
20.06.2012.NGO Veza issued its magazine
In the year to mark the end of the first decade since the Programme of needle exchange has been initiated in Belgrade and the Harm reduction implementation has begun in Serbia, the first issue of the magazine „VEZA“ (Connection) has been published. The magazine aims to represent the work of the principle partner in harm reduction programme, the sub-recipient of Youth of JAZAS, NGO Veza, its stands, opinions and projects they take.
You should know about HIV testing:
- Taking the test is simple procedure and it takes very little time
- Only the HIV test shows if the person is infected, unlike any other
- it is necessary to wait for 3 months since the contact with potential risk in order to register virus’ presence in blood. Before this time, it is possible that the test shows negative result even though the person is HIV positive. IMPORTANT: during the period of 3 months, infected person can spread the virus regardless to the test results.
- HIV testing is anonymous and free of charge
AIDS Facts & Figures
- HIV 2 is related to HIV 1 but causes a milder and harder-to-transmit form of AIDS that some victims live with for decades.
- The first European cases of HIV-2 were discovered among Portuguese veterans of the war (in Guinea-Bissau). Many of them had received blood transfusions or injections following injury, or had had relationships with local women.
- Rates of breakage, caused by fault in the condom itself, are less than 2 condoms out of every 100 condoms. Condoms slip off the penis in about 1-5% of acts of vaginal intercourse and slip down (but not off) about 3-13% of the time.